Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to the grind-stone

I am making one of my rare guest appearances on my blog. It has been 3 months since my surgery. I have been back to work since the two month point, I must have stayed out just the right time because Maureen did not push me out the door (yet) and I was able to easily put in full days since the first day back. Two indicators that I was probably ready to get back at it. I think getting back to “normal routine” is a requisite for complete recovery. Since this last post (July 8th), I have continued to wreak havoc on the Racquet ball courts and have been dropped from the invite list to play. Houston ’s weather is just too hot and humid to attempt any golf, but I am ready for the next cold front when the temperature drops below 90. I am planning on a 5K run by Thanksgiving – a family event.
 
A couple of weeks back my sixth grandchild was born. His name is Griffin and he is a handsome lad. Ironically he was born six months and a day from the day I was diagnosed with cancer and told I had as little as six months left, if I did nothing about it. Whew, am I glad I did something about it and boy am I glad that I had supremely skilled doctors and a heavy dose of fervent prayers from family, friends and friends of friends. Between the two, I’ll see Griffin grow up. Thank you all for that gift. Please don’t stop!!

Bill
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Bill! Love you in California.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to get a new update, especially from you Bill. We think about you guys every day and say a little prayer for your continued recovery. Lots of Love coming to you from Washington, Oregon & Tennessee. Nina

    ReplyDelete