Monday, August 29, 2011

Warrior

 People say that to beat/fight cancer you need to be a true warrior... but I think this might be taking things a little too literally.....
 Actually, this was from Saturday night.  Our church hosted a Pow Wow and as a sign of respect (or maybe just fun) they dressed Dad up in true Native American dress!  Take a good look at those dangles on his knees... those are deer toes people... seriously, DEER TOES!
 It was so fun to see Dad dressed up like this.  He has never had hair that could pull off what this head dress does for him.  Apparently he was wearing about a thousand dollars worth of apparel.  I am sure they kept a tracker on him or something to make sure he wouldn't try to make an escape looking as cool as he did.  There was a lot going on, that's for sure!  Besides the cool head dress, that stick poking out of his head (he almost poked a few people in the eye with that thing, the deer toes, the little sweat band (though I am sure it has some great Native name) and he also had a ton of handmade items on him. 
 Couldn't resist getting a picture with Dad that night!! (Pardon the glare off of BOTH of our foreheads!)  I took some video of Dad dancing around the circle during the pow wow... let's just say I know where I get my KILLER dance moves from!  It was entertaining for sure.  Nice to know I am not the only one who can't keep a beat!  I think I will hold onto the video for blackmail.  Yup, I think that's a great idea!  Anyhow, it was fun to see Dad as a WARRIOR!  Literally.

Side Note:  Chemo is going fine.  A little more tired, but seemingly going on with life as normal.  I mean, as you can see, he doesn't LOOK sick.  He seems to really be managing the chemo well and should be getting scans soon to see how well the medicine is working.  I will update then!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Ewww...it didn't notice the deer toes that night!

    ReplyDelete