Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Surgery Day- 8:00 am

Dad went into surgery about a half hour ago.  He was feeling good this morning and is ready to get this surgery over with.  They said the surgery should be about 6 hours but could go longer depending on how fast things go and if there is any more work they need to do once they see what everything looks like inside.

We left (all 6 of us) for MDA early this morning...4:30am... I don't think my brother Evan has ever been conscious that early.  They picked me up and I came running down the drive way with my backpack full.  Dad rolled his eyes at my over-preparedness but I just hope I packed enough.  After all, I am in charge of entertainment. So, the pack is filled with games, puzzles and other fun things to help pass the time.
Dad got these really cool socks...or are they leggings because they are open-toed?  Not sure, but they are awesome.  They are nylon so you can see his leg hair through them... classic.  Last night I bought Dad some slippers.  He gave me the assignment of picking him up a slip on, normal pair of rubber soled slippers.  Well, that was what I was intending on getting him, but I saw some really cool neon green slippers that are designed with mop-type bottoms that clean your floors as you walk!  How cool is that?!?  Well, Dad didn't think they were very cool.  Fine, I will keep them.  I bought his pair of boring, brown, slip on slippers just in case he didn't like the neon green anyway.

Mom left Dad with a male nurse who thought Dad was hilarious, so I am sure Dad was happy enough before he slipped into dreamland.  He gets an epidural.  Did I mention that yet?  Yup, this makes me happy for some reason... I guess because he gets to experience a joy of child birth.  Maybe he will appreciate us women in his life a little more :).

We should be receiving an update sometime around 10 and then every couple hours after that.  I will keep everyone posted.

2 comments:

  1. We are keeping your family in our prayers. Blessings to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you all in thoughts and prayers. Will check back later for updates. Maybe while he is asleep you can slip the neon green slippers on him for a picture?! 8-)
    Love, Carol and Family

    ReplyDelete