Saturday, February 13, 2010

Had a heart attack this week!

Well, not an actual heart attack, just some decorations, but I bet I gave a bunch of you one just by the blog title, didn't I!?  I'm hilarious!!!... Anywho....Seeing as it is lover's week, someone went ahead and gave my parents' house a "heart attack".  It was really fun to pull up to the house (they weren't home at the time) and see all the hearts and to know people were thinking of them.  Lucky for them, the dog didn't bite their faces off... you know, since Toby is such a good guard dog and all.


In other news, our church youth are doing a service project where we deliver mulch and spread it to paying neighbors.  I am a leader in the youth program and I had my mom bring my dad's truck up to me to help haul.  Last year, my mom and dad were big helpers for this project, but this year my mom wouldn't let my dad even drive with her to drop off the truck for fear that he would try to lift huge bags of mulch and expend all his energy or hurt himself now that he has that central line in (and yes, I totally got to see it... for some reason I thought it would be more cool lookin', oh well).  Rest assured dad, you helped out... I managed to use up a quarter tank of your gas and also found a couple extra bucks in one of the cubbies that I am sure you were keeping safe there for me to pocket.  Thanks Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes on your first treatment tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are keeping your dad in our prayers! Let that chemo/rad kick that cancer's butt!! Your parents are amazing and we love them :) Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete