Friday, March 19, 2010

Countdown to the end of chemo!!! 1 days left

30 Years ago next month Dad became a dad---woah, that's a long time.  We love him.  He's been a good dad; Nay, a great one.  We are lucky kids... you know, for the most part.  There was the frequent adolescent embarrassment of our parents, Dad's sense of humor around our friends and his fashion over the years. :)

It was my assumption that when I started this blog that I would try my best to keep my siblings private.  After all, they usually prefer to not associate themselves with all of my weirdness.  I am usually embarrassing to them.  If I post something about them, they will have to claim me as theirs and I am not sure they are up for that not knowing what I will expose on this blog.  So, yesterday, when mom asked why I hadn't included any pictures of the other kids, I thought that this was just the post to make it happen.  So, Kim, Pat and Evan... if you are embarrassed by me in this post... it's mom's fault.

Ah, it all started here.  The birth of Kimberly... (30 next month... have I mentioned that yet?)-- Anyway, it's gotta be said that my parentals look pretty dang good in this picture--mom especially-- after just having their first child.  For some reason they gained a lot less weight for their first baby than Dan and I did.  Kim tells me that those first two years were the happiest of her life... why would that be?
Two years later came moi-Erin-.  I was cute and small once, it's true.  I can't help but notice that my dad is clutching  that dog so lovingly and tenderly.  He's even leaning toward the dog.  Hmf.  Well, at least I am looking cute and I must have given my parents lots of sleepless nights because the hair situation for my dad sure did change from this picture to the next...
My brother Pat was born in 1987.  That face is still totally him.... I am speaking of both my brother and my dad when I say that.  Nice Navy duds!  By number three, you get kind of tired of holding those babies and just park them wherever they'll fit I guess.
Here is Dad holding Evan for his first hair cut.  Evan is the fourth child, so you know that means that there are practically zero baby pictures of him and even less of just he and my dad.  But don't feel too sorry for him.  Now there are five bazillion pictures of Evan and hardly any of the rest of us. 

Now some more recent photos:
Dad and Evan on a cruise... like I said, don't feel bad for Evan... they've made up for the lack of baby pictures.  My parents have taken Evan on cruises and international vacations.  They've never taken me on a cruise and I've driven through Canada on my way to Michigan.  I know, I am a total globetrotter.  (this picture totally became about me, didn't it?)

Pat and Dad at Medieval Times.

Me and Dad.  I know, most of you are wondering if I look normal.  Most of the time, no.  As mentioned before, I am sort of an annoyer so it's always funny to me how my dad puts up with it.  He's putting up with it in this picture.
Kim and Dad.  Proud Papa in this picture!  This is Kim receiving her Masters degree.

I won't go on and on, but just so you know... it's good to have a dad like ours.

Chemo and pick line being removed Friday afternoon!  I will give an update about that tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. ERIN - IN THAT ONE PICTURE YOU LOOK LIKE MARGE SIMPSON
    (JUST ADD A PILE OF BLUE HAIR AND YOU AREA DEAD RINGER FOR THE LOVE OF HOMER'S LIFE ) SIGNED - ROB

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are excellent! My favorite is the first one...your mom looks so radiant and your dad is such a proud father.

    ReplyDelete