Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It must be those "happy drugs"....

Every Monday at chemo, MDA gives dad "happy drugs".  Well, at least that is what we are calling them.  Really, it's some sort of anti-nausea drug that they give him through his port, but it makes him feel pretty good.  Last night as we were practicing for our church lip sync competition (which we are going to rock), Dad seemed to have boundless energy!  In fact we were all getting pretty tired during our card game later in the evening but Dad was still rarin' to go.  I gotta say... he was kinda like this...

Yeah, I got a hold of all the family pictures...I'm actually the backup in case my parents computer crashes again (it's happened 2 or 3 times now already) so they can still have all their pictures.   Of course, this makes them mine too.  Funny thing is even though I'm moved out with a family and a home of my own, I still feel like I have claim to all of my mom and dad's things.  I think that's part of being a kid... and a mooch like me. Anyway, I've been feeling like this blog needs a few more pictures... this one will do.  Bill (Dad) circa 1976.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pic. And I could sure use some happy drug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I remember this guy! I think he & my aunt used to lock us out of my grandparents house so they could make out!!! I don't know why they didn't want 3 or 4 pesty kids bugging them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we used to be in the ward and I worked with ur mom in YW's. I was shocked to hear the sad news about your dad. Thanks for keeping an update, this is so smart. I wish we were there to weed the yard, that sounds like fun! Not only is it theraputic but sometimes it's cool to see them just pop out. I know, we're both weird! :) Give your mom a big hug for us, thanks for keeping us posted, you're doing a great job. I'm glad we found out, they have been included in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey dad!!! Wanna share??? I still have bouts of upset stomach and some nausea. I definitely could use a little somethin' somthin' stronger than Tums. :) :)

    I'm glad your doing better and have more energy. I'll put your name down on the list of those who can watch the kiddo's when my pregnant self needs a nap.

    See you soon. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad he was wearing that stylish hat, that picture was taken when he still had a little hair! Probably one of the last pics when he had some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yee gads! Bill - you look kinda like a scary Chucky in that picture ... was there a chainsaw in that room with you!?! LOL

    ReplyDelete